Wesołe nowiny czyli Plotki i inne takie

Rozpiski, zasady i pogaduchy o klockach, klopach i Brokułach
koryfiejusz

Wesołe nowiny czyli Plotki i inne takie

Post autor: koryfiejusz » 27 sty 2014, o 04:59

Kto rano wstaje ten w internetach znajduje takie wesołości:
With all the news surrounding Games Workshop over the last couple of weeks I think that it lines up fairly well. I was able to grab lunch with an old friend about a month ago who works for GW (not a local store croney). We talked everything GW and of course my drug of choice Warhammer Fantasy. He said that over the next coupel of months there would be drastic changes to the way GW does business...this was just in general. He didn't give me too many specifics, but now that the White Dwarf changes have hit the street openly and the news of a revamped website with FW product offerings and all it lines up. Once again he didnt come out and say that GW was going to be taking a hit with the earnings, but he stated that many of the changes had to do with new strategies to increase revenue and such. He has been traveling non-stop for new training and meetings, so it was easy to see something was coming down the pipe.

So on to my main point. I have always been a fantasy fanatic...game of choice hands down. He stated that there would be a new release which would change the way fantasy is currently played. Currently, the idea is to have huge blocks of infantry and high priced special characters and beasts which makes for higher costs to players and conceptually more revenue for GW. However this did not work fo rone reason or another. So it was obvious some changes were needed. The new approach will aim at bringing more people back into the game by making it smaller and more affordable. The new rule set would focus on making warhammer more of a small block and skirmish based game with fewer miniatures needed. The new box set would have less miniatures, but would basically set people up to get in the game and playing at a much reduced cost.

So he didnt give me the finer deatails that I would have liked, but he did say this would happen this summer for sure...not next year. He basically said that GW is being forced to make some changes due to some cash flow issues...which has become evident since we had lunch several weeks ago. It seems like he was pretty spot on so far with his vague statements...haha...take it as you will. But I have faith in this for many reasons. It seems with everything going on that it would line up well and make sense. GW needs a way to bring more people back intothe game while also doing soemthing to help bring fanatsy back up to strength.

Followed up by this clarification:

Perhaps my terminology was distorted a bit in my OP. I do not believe my friend was indicating that this would be a "skirmish" game similar to Hordes or infinity. What he had stated was that it would head back in the direction of some older editions where smaller blocks were more viable. Seems people missed the smaller block protion and just focused on the skirmish portion of my OP. I am have no idea if he was saying this would be a new edition or a supplement. But my feeling was that this would be a replacement of the current ruleset. And it does line up with the smaller boxes (10 minis per). People could by a box or two and have a whole unit...instead of having to spend $200 on just one unit at 40 strong. This would allow GW to maintain the current price point while not scaring people away with the overall price of an army as they would now inherently be smaller.
Odkąd mam kota mam porządek z figurkami... muszę.
Urban

Re: Wesołe nowiny czyli Plotki i inne takie

Post autor: Urban » 27 sty 2014, o 08:54

za długie i za dużo angielskiego.
W skrócie, dobrze czy źle?
Awatar użytkownika
Gabriel
Gram w:: gry

Post autor: Gabriel » 27 sty 2014, o 08:56

Z symulatora wielkiej bitwy zrobią symulator małych granicznych popukiwań, by zwiększyć dostępność do systemu -.-
Awatar użytkownika
Hoops
Gram w:: WFB, WH40k

Post autor: Hoops » 27 sty 2014, o 09:44

Jaaaasne....
Awatar użytkownika
Ahosyta
Wielojedność
Gram w:: Mordheim, WH40K

Post autor: Ahosyta » 28 sty 2014, o 20:58

http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/ ... l?spref=fb

Link do bloga z fotkami nowych krasnalków, są długie brody i pancerni :)
Awatar użytkownika
Gabriel
Gram w:: gry

Post autor: Gabriel » 28 sty 2014, o 21:09

Ten nowy mhroczny styl fajny jest, na szczęście jednak nadal nie mają kolan :D
Awatar użytkownika
Fleo
V-ce Prezes Klubu Marauder

Post autor: Fleo » 28 sty 2014, o 21:19

Bardzo mi się podobają longbeardsi :)
Awatar użytkownika
Sass
Gram w:: WH40K, WFB

Post autor: Sass » 28 sty 2014, o 21:26

Nienawidzę braku kasy... -.-
Popadłem w jakieś maniakalne pragnienie posiadania ich w jak największej ilości...
koryfiejusz

Post autor: koryfiejusz » 29 sty 2014, o 15:22

Będzie bolało w portfel. Ale ze dwa oddziały długobrodych muszą być - są wręcz śliczne
Odkąd mam kota mam porządek z figurkami... muszę.
Urban

Post autor: Urban » 29 sty 2014, o 16:07

koryfiejusz pisze:Będzie bolało w portfel. Ale ze dwa oddziały długobrodych muszą być - są wręcz śliczne
To Ty w końcu lizaki zbierasz czy krasie?
ODPOWIEDZ